Blue Hazel is a that boutique everyone loves to visit.
There are some fresh, vintage, and handmade items that are a must see.
You are sure to find that "something" that you can't live without!

Be sure to visit the boutique often as new items are added daily!
We are located at 150 South State Lindon, Utah

Monday, July 12, 2010

Meet Erik of Garza Galz

 
"Well, my name is Erika Garza and I have 5, count em, 5 kids!! The oldest is a boy, he is 8, next one is also a boy, he is 6, then came the girls..the oldest is 3 (will be 4 in Sept), the next is 2 (just turned in April) and the baby, she is 9 months and will turn 1 in September.  My hubby and I were married for over 5 years before we had our oldest, and having kids has been a great inspiration for all of my craftiness, I was always a bit crafty before, but they have really brought out lots of creativeness I never knew I had!  I am a very busy mom, I have home schooled my boys, the oldest will start 3rd grade next year the the other 1st grade, this has been comparable to having kids in the first place...both very rewarding and very challenging, but a GREAT ride!!  I also am the church pianist, and a Sunday school teacher, I have had the same question often, which is "how to do have time to be crafty too?" and the answer is simple...I MAKE time, because crafting is my "me" time, it is my outlet, I love to sit back, listen to a book on my ipod and get working!!     When my first daughter was born, she had a TON of hair...but she was not very good at keeping anything in it!! 

I loved the tiny bows that I could glue on like they do at the hospital, but as she got bigger, I wanted bigger bows, and also needed better glue.  I did some searching and finally came to the conclusion that I would have to make
my own, the bows anyway, the glue is a family secret and is the best out there!!  Now I know not all little girls are born with the same hair gene as mine have been, and bald is definitely beautiful on them, but not all will leave the adorable headbands that are out there on, my glue on bows and flowers are a great solution!  I had one client mention that she loved the fact that they can stay on for days at a time, "Last night I had to take my little one to the ER at 2am (she's fine now). All the nurses were going crazy over her and her bow. I told them "good thing they stay on for days. You never know when you'll be going out and she wouldn't want to be without her accessories". haha." her words exactly.
Then I found that having 3 girls can lead to a plethora of hair clips, and mine were constantly getting lost, smashed, or just the fact that I could never find the one I wanted in the giant drawer of hair clips, I had a small memo board that I had hanging on my girls' room door,
and one day when my mother in law was over, and helping me around the house, she found some lying about (not uncommon for us! haha) and the baby was sleeping in the room at the time, she didn't want to disturb her, so she just clipped it on the board, and voila!!  I knew I needed a nice big sized one for all my girls' hair clips!  After way too much time searching and finding out that buying one can be VERY expensive, I set out to figure out how to make my own.  My favorite size is the 18x36, it is the perfect size to hang in the unused space behind the bathroom door, but I can accommodate just about ANY size!  I have also started to add hooks for the popular crochet headbands and hats, and have added a wooden dowel to hang lots of headbands on, or it even works great for jewelry, scarves and anything else!
   Then last but not least are my most popular item...my fabric covered baby wipe cases.  I wanted one to match my diaper bag, and the plastic huggies one just wasn't cutting it, I had some leftover fabric and ribbon from some wall hangings, and just started cutting and gluing, and LOVED how it turned out.  Then, since there seemed to be wipes cases all over the house, I just HAD to cover them too so they matched the decor. Since then I have seen others out there and I know I am not the only person to come up with the idea to cover them, but I am not a fan of the trim used on most of the ones I see out there, I use grosgrain ribbon and think that it not only looks better (especially on the boys cases), but also holds up better.  These have been really fun to get creative with, and I love doing custom orders, I think my favorite of all time was the one I made my sister, a Texas Longhorns case, she tells me that she gets comments on it constantly!!  I only lightly pad one side, and can personalize them."



Erika's items are great for any gift or for your own kids!  Come in and check it all out!!!  Way cute!!!
And CHECK OUT THE DEAL SHE IS OFFERING THIS WEEK, JULY 12TH-JULY 17TH!  She is offering $5 off all of her memo boards and wipe cases (including any custom orders placed).  Whoot!!!

You can visit Erika here....
www.garzagalz.blogspot.com
www.garzagalz.etsy.com
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Lindon-UT/Garza-Galz/173649245813?ref=mf&ajaxpipe=1&__a=7

1 comment: